It’s that time of year when us southern ladies dust off our denim and shake out our sweaters in hopes the temps finally travel below 70 degrees. Usually, we get over eager and end up sweating in our cute booties because fall weather doesn’t occur untill after the sun goes down, at least until October.
It is the perfect time of year to take stock of your fall wardrobe and fill in any missing pieces. Take a peek at the list below and add any missing items to your shopping list.
1. Your Perfect Denim – Depending on your lifestyle, denim can be the most worn item in your wardrobe. From the perfect skinny jeans to tailored trousers, well-fitted, dark wash denim is worth its weight in gold.
2. Booties – Booties are back. Make sure there is a bit of ankle or sock peaking out above. Try cuffing your pants or pairing with ankle length pants.
3. Leather Purse – A quality leather purse will look better with age not worse. Simple lines and superior construction will always be on trend.
4. Quality Knitwear – Stay toasty this fall with a cozy sweater. Remember to read your labels – more natural fibers than synthetic will ensure comfort and durability.
5. LBD/LND – The little black dress doesn’t have to be black. Navy can go anywhere black can and maybe with just a bit more subtlety and style.
6. Leather Jacket – I call my favorite leather jacket my “Southern” winter coat. You can rock leather with a patterned t-shirt or layer it onto a cozy sweater or plaid blouse. Add a bit of edge to your dresses by ditching that boring old cardigan and tossing on a great leather jacket.
7. Evening Clutch – A night on the town when you only need your phone, ID and some lip stick is always a good time. Grab a purse that shows off your personality in a small package.
8. Classic Black Pumps – The work horse of your shoe collection should be well made, well fitted, and stylish. SbK #1 shoe rule: look for leather.
9. Well Cut T-shirt – A great t-shirt that fits perfectly can be an easy go-to in the fall. The “cold-shoulder” cut is a great way to incorporate trends inexpensively.
10. Favorite Metallic Necklace – Find your favorite finish in a slim line pendant or layer varying lengths of necklaces to add interest.
Download printable pdf version –10 Fall Closet Essentials